Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Ash Gourd Seeds / Lauki seeds
✪ Store Offer:
- Get 10% OFF on first order. (Code: NEW10)
- Free shipping on orders above ₹499
- Unlock additional 5% cashback on orders above ₹999
- Buy and earn 35 GC Coin
- Use Zest Money To Pay On EMI
- Use Early Salary To Pay On EMI
- Use ICICI To Pay Later
- Use Simpl To Pay Later
Premium Quality Ash Gourd Seeds
- Can be grown in Indian climate/weather conditions.
- Germination rate minimum -70% to 90%.
- Best in class germination, Fresh Seeds.
- Please use anti-fungal powder before planting seeds.
- Please keep seeds in an air-tight container when not in use.
- Keep a safe distance from children.
- Common Name: Winter melon, ash gourd, Chinese watermelon, white gourd,कटी हुई लौकी, চালকুমড়ো.
- Color: Green
- Botanical Name: Benincasa Hispida
- Family: Cucurbits
- Synonyms: Genus Benincasa
- Blooming Time: Year-round
- Sunlight: Full Bright
- Difficulty Level: Easy to grow
- Germinate Temperature: 25-30°C
- Germinate Time: 10-15Days
How to plant and grow Ash Gourd Seeds / Lauki Seeds?
- Soak: Ash Gourd Seeds have to soak overnight for increasing the germination rate.
- Germination place: You can use a tray for sowing those seeds. At the beginning of germination. But after the reaches 2-3 inches long, it is better to put it in big pots.
- Soil type: Light soil is most preferable for sowing but Ash Gourd Seeds can be sown into light sandy soil to clay soil. While sowing use the mixture of cocopeat, and organic fertilizer with soil. It increases the nutrients of the soil.
- Temperature: Ash Gourd Seeds / lauki seeds are hard seeds for they need sunny weather and a temperature near around 25-30°C.
- Germination time: After sowing it requires 2 weeks to sprout.
- Season: All the season is good for sowing Ash Gourd Seeds but summer is the best season to grow it.
- Watering: While germinating you have to water it regularly but do not overwater. water should not stand on the seedling tray.
Note: Keep the seedling tray shaded till the seeds germinate.
Uses of potting mix
- To grow Ash Gourd Seeds / lauki seeds must be used with a good amount of organic fertilizers and compost.
- While potting soil should be mixed with coco-peat which increases the growth of plants.
- It also makes the root strong.
How to water
- Remember water is most needed in the root zone so at the first water to the roots.
- You should water the leaves also to the growing plant as it increases the rate of photosynthesis.
- Do not overwater. water only the plant whenever needed especially in the rainy season we do not need to give the water regularly.
- You should water twice in the morning and in the afternoon but in the rainy season, you should notice that water does not stand in the pot or place where your Ash Gourd plant grows.
- Use a water spray bottle to give water to the plant.
Planting and care
- Ash Gourd Seeds will grow within 10-15 days.
- After that keep the tray near the window where the wind can pass. Do not keep in under direct sunlight.
- After two weeks you should keep the plant the direct sunlight for proper growth of the leaves.
- Within 22 to 30 days of the seed sowing, your seedlings will be ready enough for re-potting or raised beds.
- You should be mixed fertilizer in a proper way as garden soil, coco-peat, and vermicompost in the ratio of 1:1:1.
- Ash Gourd Seeds can be harvested 70 to 80 days from the sowing of seeds.
- Avoid disturbing the soil around the plants.
- Keep the soil moist but not over-watered.
- Check for pests and diseases and apply organic solutions.
- If you take proper care of these Ash Gourd Seeds it will continue to produce vegetables for 3 years.
- It is mainly an outdoor plant but if you want to grow it indoors then you need to take it to a place where the plant gets direct sunlight.
- You should sow Ash Gourd Seeds Seeds 1/4 to 1/2 inch deep and the gap between two seeds near about 4 to 5 inches apart.
- 12 hours of light is needed to grow that’s for so use grow light or fluorescent light.
- It can be attacked by Aphids, Cutworms, Spider mites, Colorado potato bugs, Flea beetles, and Tomato hornworms.
- For that, you can use Organic insecticides – Neem oil and inorganic insecticides – Pele and Actara.
- Also, you can use shampoo or liquid soap mixed with water and spray the leaves.
- Ash Gourd Seeds take 100 to 140 days to harvest if you take care of plants.
- Use neem oil in case of any diseases and while potting use a good amount of organic fertilizer like cocopeat.
- When the fruit is bright, it contains a good color then you can understand that the plants are totally harvested.
- we can pluck Ash Gourd directly from the plants but you should pluck gently.
- you can pluck Ash Gourd with any other gardening tools, it will re-grow again.
- It can vary the harvesting time depends on the quality of the seeds.
- It should include in your daily diet.
- It contains minerals like iron, calcium, phosphorus, zinc, magnesium, copper, and manganese while likewise being an important wellspring of nutrients like niacin, thiamine, nutrient C, and riboflavin. Debris gourd likewise has phytochemicals like tannins, phenols, glycosides, alkaloids, and flavonoids.
- Advances in weight reduction – Low calories, high dietary fiber, and water content of debris gourd make it phenomenal for individuals intending to shed some additional pounds. Its fiber content gives completion and satiety. It deflects food desires and decreases general calorie admission and gorging.3. Useful for assimilation – Ash gourd has a cooling impact on the body. It is high in soluble fiber which makes it great for our gut wellbeing. Being wealthy in solvent fiber, advances the development of good microbes, and mitigates acid reflux causing clogging, hemorrhoids, and so forth, consequently keeping the colon solid. Debris gourd is additionally viewed as beneficial for treating stomach acids and related issues like hyperacidity, dyspepsia, and ulcers.4. Heart well disposed – Ash gourd contains both sodium and potassium yet the potassium content is higher when contrasted with sodium which makes it heart-accommodating. 5. Hone’s mind – according to conventional Ayurveda, debris gourd is amazing for our cerebrum wellbeing and has been promoted to hone memory and lift psychological working. Debris gourd contains folate which is needed to forestall birth absconds. Also, this veggie loosens up our psyche, and cerebrum and lessens the pressure.6. Lifts resistance – Some specialists accept that debris gourd has astounding mitigating and hostile to microbial properties which makes it a critical supporter of boosting insusceptible wellbeing.
- Both over and under watering can kill your plants: For overwatering roots can be rotten and by giving less water, the plant can dry.
- Ash Gourd plants bloom but do not produce vegetables: It is caused by two problems first is under watering and the second one is lack of pollination.
- Leaves of Ash Gourd Plants turn Yellow: These problems can arise cause of lack of watering and the second one is lack of nitrogen in the soil.
|Dimensions||12.5 × 10 × 0.2 cm|