Bunny Ear Cactus | Opuntia microdasys Cactus
✪ Store Offer:
- Get 10% OFF on first order. (Code: NEW10)
- Free shipping on orders above ₹499
- Unlock additional 5% cashback on orders above ₹999
- Buy and earn 199 GC Coin
- Use Zest Money To Pay On EMI
- Use Early Salary To Pay On EMI
- Use ICICI To Pay Later
- Use Simpl To Pay Later
Bunny Ear Cactus, Opuntia microdasys Cactus
Opuntia microdasys is a decorative cactus that adds beauty. The bunny ear cactus forms a dense shrub, about 4-12cm wide. It has no spines, but rather numerous white or yellow glochids (hair-like prickles) that are 23mm long and found in dense clusters.
- Common Name: Bunny ears, Angels wings, golden-bristle cactus, polka-dot cactus.
- Maximum Reachable Height: Up to 3 to 4 ft
- Flower Colour: Yellow
- Bloom Time: April to May
- Difficulty Level: Easy to grow
- Keep in a bright sunny location.
- Try not to water the leaves, give water to the soil only.
- Avoid overwatering as the roots may get rot.
- Water the plant in the morning, between 8 to 10 am.
- Avoid keeping in suffocated areas or in dark rooms.
- While re-potting or propagating try not to disturb the roots.
Bunny Ear Cactus Care
- Re-pot when the plant performs clump and goes beyond the pot size. It should be done before or after the rainy season and in the spring season.
- Re-pot with the following proportions:3 parts of potting soil,1 part of grit (pumice),1 part of the horticultural-grade sand,1/2 part of the compost, etc.
- Sunlight: Full sun, partial sun, at least 4 to 6 hours of sunlight per day.
- Watering: Low for the rainy season, Moderate for winter, More than moderate for a summer
- Soil: Avoid excess organic contents in the soil.
- Temperature: Ideal: 22 to 35 degrees C
- Fertilizer: No need much. A peat-based compost should not be used.
Bunny Ear Cactus Special Feature
Survivals and growers of the summer.
Bunny Ear Cactus Uses
- Opuntia Microdasys also used as the ornamental plant
|Dimensions||12.7 × 12.7 × 12.7 cm|