Premium Quality Carrot Seeds
Carrots are root vegetables that were first filled in Afghanistan around 900 AD. Orange might be their most popular shading, however, they additionally come in different tones, including purple, yellow, red, and white. Early carrots were purple or yellow. Orange carrots were created in Central Europe around the fifteenth or sixteenth century. This well-known and adaptable veggie might taste somewhat unique relying upon the shading, size, and where it’s developed. The sugar in carrots gives them a somewhat sweet flavor, yet they likewise can taste gritty or harsh.
|✪ Used For – Sowing Purpose||✪ Dispatch in 5-7 days|
|✪ Over 499 Free Delivery||✪ Country of origin: India|
Premium Quality Carrot Seeds
|✪ Seeds Per Packet||: 40-50|
|✪ Quality||: Best in class germination, Fresh Seeds|
|✪ Common Names||: Carrot Seeds,गाजर के बीज, গাজর বীজ,கேரட் விதைகள்|
|✪ Botanical name||: Raphanus sativus|
|✪ Family||: carrot family|
|✪ Synonyms||: Radish|
|✪ Blooming Time||: Year-round|
|✪ Difficulty Level||: Easy to grow|
|✪ Temperature||: 15°C-25°C|
|✪ Germinate Time||: 12 to 15 Days|
|✪ Climate Conditions||: Can be grown in Indian climate/weather conditions|
|✪ Germination rate||: 70% to 90%|
|✪ Precautions||: Please use anti-fungal powder before planting seeds|
|✪ Keep in mind||: keep seeds in an air-tight container when not in use|
|✪ Parental Controls||: Keep a safe distance from children|
How to plant and grow Carrot Seeds?
Germination process of Carrot Seeds
- Soak: Carrot Seeds have to soak overnight for increasing the germination rate.
- Germination place: You can use a tray for sowing those seeds. At the beginning of germination. But after they reach 2-3 inches long, Carrot Seeds are better put in big pots.
- Soil type: Light soil is most preferable for sowing but it can be sown into light sandy soil to clay soil. While sowing use the mixture of cocopeat, organic fertilizer with soil. Carrot Seeds increase the nutrients of the soil.
- Temperature: Carrot Seeds are a hard seed for that it needs sunny weather and the temperature near around 15-25°C.
- Germination time: After sowing Carrot Seeds requires 2 weeks to sprout.
- Season: All the season is good for sowing Carrot Seeds but winter is the best season to grow them.
- Watering: While germinating you have to water it regularly but do not overwater. water should not stand on the seedling tray.
Note: Keep the seedling tray shaded till the seeds germinate.
Uses of potting mix
- To grow Carrot Seeds must be used with a good amount of organic fertilizers and compost.
- While potting soil should be mixed with coco-peat which increases the growth of plants.
- Carrot Seeds also make the root strong.
How to water
- Remember water is most needed to the root zone so at the first water to the roots.
- You should water the leaves also to the growing plant as it increases the rate of photosynthesis.
- Do not overwater. water only the plant whenever needed especially in the rainy season we do not need to give the water regularly.
- You should water twice as in the morning and in the afternoon but in the rainy season, you should notice that water does not stand in the pot or place where your Carrot plant grows.
- Use a water spray bottle to give water to the plant.
Planting and care
- Carrot Seeds will grow within 7-10 days.
- After that keep the tray near the window where the wind can pass. Do not keep in under direct sunlight.
- After two weeks you should keep the plant to the direct sunlight for proper growth of the leaves.
- Within 22 to 30 days of the seed sowing, your seedlings will be ready enough to re-potting or raised beds.
- You should be mixed fertilizer in a proper way as garden soil, coco-peat, and vermicompost in the ratio of 1:1:1.
- Carrot Seeds can be harvested 70 to 80 days from the sowing of seeds.
- Avoid disturbing the soil around the plants.
- Keep the soil moist but not over-watered.
- Check for pests and diseases and apply organic solutions.
- If you take proper care of these Carrot Plants you will continue to produce vegetables for 3 years.
- It is mainly an outdoor plant but if you want to grow it indoors then you need to take it such a place where the plant gets direct sunlight.
- You should sow Carrot Seeds 1/4 to 1/2 inch deep and the gap between two seeds near about 4 to 5 inches apart.
- 12 hours of light is needed to grow that’s for so use grow light or fluorescent light.
- It can be attacked by Aphids, Cutworms, Spider mites, Colorado potato bugs, Flea beetles, and Tomato hornworms.
- For that, you can use Organic insecticides – Neem oil and inorganic insecticides – Pele and Actara.
- Also, you can use shampoo or liquid soap mixed with water and spray to the leaves.
- Carrot Seeds take 60 to 70 days to harvest if you take care of plants.
- Use neem oil in case of any diseases and while potting use a good amount of organic fertilizer like cocopeat.
- When the fruit is bright, Carrot contains a good color then you can understand that the plants are totally harvested.
- we can pluck carrots directly from the plants but you should pluck gently.
- you can pluck Carrot with any other gardening tools, it will re-grow again.
- It can vary the harvesting time depends on the quality of the seeds.
Carrot Seeds Benefits / Nutritional Value
- The carrot should include in your daily diet.
- Carrot also contains essential vitamin A, vitamin K, potassium and fiber, vitamin C, calcium, and iron.
- They’re good for your eyes
- It can lower your risk of cancer.
- It boosts your immune system
- It can help with constipation.
- It can help control diabetes.
- It can strengthen your bones.
- Both over and under watering can kill your plants: For overwatering root can be rotten and by giving less water, the plant can dry.
- Carrot plants blooming but do not produce vegetables: It is caused by two problems first is under watering and the second one is lack of pollination.
- Leaves of Carrot Plants turn Yellow: These problems can arise cause of lack of watering and the second one is lack of nitrogen in the soil.
|Dimensions||12.5 × 10 × .2 cm|
There are no reviews yet.