Premium Quality Contai Bolder Seeds (Uccha)
- Can be grown in Indian climate/weather conditions.
- Germination rate minimum -70% to 90%.
- Best in class germination, Fresh Seeds.
- Please use anti-fungal powder before planting seeds.
- Please keep seeds in an air-tight container when not in use.
- Keep a safe distance from children.
- Common Name: Contai Bolder, कोंटाई बोल्डर, উচ্ছে
- Color: Purple
- Botanical Name: Contai Bolder
- Family: Cucurbits
- Synonyms: Cucurbits
- Blooming Time: Year-round
- Sunlight: Full Bright
- Difficulty Level: Easy to grow
- Germinate Temperature: 25-28°C
- Germinate Time: 10-15 Days
How To Plant And Grow Contai Bolder Seeds?
- Soak: Contai Bolder Seeds have to soak overnight for increasing the germination rate.
- Germination place: You can use a tray for sowing those seeds. At the beginning of germination. But after the reaches 2-3 inches long, it is better to put it in big pots.
- Soil type: clay soil is most preferable for sowing Contai Bolder seeds. While sowing use the mixture of cocopeat, organic fertilizer, and cow dung fertilizer with soil. It increases the nutrients of the soil.
- Temperature: Contai Bolder seeds are hard seed that needs sunny weather and a temperature near around 25°- 28°C.
- Germination time: After sowing it requires 2 weeks to sprout.
- Season: All the season is good for sowing Contai Bolder but summer is the best season to grow it.
- Watering: While germinating you have to water it regularly but do not overwater. water should not stand on the seedling tray.
- Re-Potting: Please Re-pot the plants after the plant height is 15cm.
Note: Keep the seedling tray shaded till the seeds germinate.
Uses Of Potting Mix
- To grow Contai Bolder must be used with a good amount of organic fertilizers and compost.
- While potting soil should be mixed with coco-peat which increases the growth of plants.
- It also makes the root strong.
How To Water
- Remember water is most needed in the root zone so at the first water to the roots.
- You should water the leaves also to the growing plant as it increases the rate of photosynthesis.
- Do not overwater. water only the plant whenever needed especially in the rainy season we do not need to give the water regularly.
- You should water twice in the morning and in the afternoon but in the rainy season, you should notice that water does not stand in the pot or place where your Contai Bolder plant grows.
- Use a water spray bottle to give water to the plant.
Planting And Care
- Contai Bolder Seeds will grow within 8-10 days.
- After that keep the tray near the window where the wind can pass. Do not keep in under direct sunlight.
- After two weeks you should keep the plant to the direct sunlight for proper growth of the leaves.
- Within 10 to 15 days of the seed sowing, your seedlings will be ready enough for re-potting or raised beds.
- You should be mixed fertilizer in a proper way as garden soil, coco-peat, and vermicompost in the ratio of 1:1:1.
- Contai Bolder Seeds can be harvested 50 to 60 days from the sowing of seeds.
- Avoid disturbing the soil around the plants.
- Keep the soil moist but not over-watered.
- Check for pests and diseases and apply organic solutions.
- If you take proper care of these Contai Bolder Seeds it will continue to produce vegetables for 1-1.5 years.
- It is mainly an outdoor plant but if you want to grow it indoors then you need to take it to a place where the plant gets direct sunlight.
- You should sow Contai Bolder seeds 1/4 to 1/2 inch deep and the gap between two seeds near about 4 to 5 inches apart.
- 12 hours of light is needed to grow that’s for so use grow light or fluorescent light.
- It can be attacked by Thrips, Aphids, Cutworms, Spider mites, Colorado potato bugs, Flea beetles, and Tomato hornworms.
- For that, you can use Organic insecticides – Neem oil and inorganic insecticides – Pele and Actara.
- Also, you can use shampoo or liquid soap mixed with water and spray to the leaves.
- Contai Bolder seeds take 100 to 140 days to harvest if you take care of plants.
- Use neem oil in case of any diseases and while potting use a good amount of organic fertilizer like cocopeat.
- When the fruit is bright, it contains a good color then you can understand that the plants are totally harvested.
- we can pluck Contai Bolder directly from the plants but you should pluck gently.
- you can pluck Contai Bolder with any other gardening tools, it will re-grow again.
- It can vary the harvesting time depends on the quality of the seeds.
- It should include in your daily diet.
- It helps to maintain blood sugar levels
- Lowers cholesterol levels.
- To achieve flawless skin, one can eat this.
- It can decrease Cholesterol Levels.
- It has Cancer-Fighting Properties.
- one cup of raw Contai Bolder has only about 20 calories!
- Weight loss
- It contains twice the calcium of spinach and broccoli.
- You can take 20 calories per 100 grams in your diet.
- It improves the overall health of the eye.
NOTE: It should be avoided by people who are suffering from arthritis issues.
- Both over and under watering can kill your plants: For overwatering roots can be rotten and forgiving less water, the plant can dry.
- Contact Bolder plants bloom but do not produce vegetables: It is caused by two problems first is under watering and the second one is lack of pollination.
- Leaves of Contai Bolder Plants turn Yellow: These problems can arise cause of lack of watering and the second one is lack of nitrogen in the soil.