Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Desi Chilli Seeds
✪ Store Offer: Get 10% OFF on first order. (Code: NEW10)
✪ Store Offer: Free shipping on orders above ₹499
✪ Store Offer: Unlock additional 5% cashback on orders above ₹999
✪ Coins: Buy and earn 35 GC Coin
Premium Quality Desi Chilli Seeds
- Can be grown in Indian climate/weather conditions.
- Germination rate minimum -70% to 90%.
- Best in class germination, Fresh Seeds.
- Please use anti-fungal powder before planting seeds.
- Please keep seeds in an air-tight container when not in use.
- Keep a safe distance from children.
- Common Name: Desi Chilli, লংকা, मिर्च,மிளகாய்
- Colour: Green
- Botanical Name: Capsicum frutescens
- Family: Solanaceae
- Synonyms: Desi Chilli, Desi Longka, Chaotian pepper
- Blooming Time: Year-round
- Sunlight: Full Bright
- Difficulty Level: Easy to grow
- Germinate Temperature: 25-30°C
- Germinate Time: 7 to 14 days
How to plant and grow Desi Chilli Seeds?
- Soak: Desi Chilli Seeds have to soak overnight for increasing the germination rate.
- Germination place: You can use a tray for sowing those seeds. At the beginning of germination. But after the reaches 2-3 inches long, it is better to put it in big pots.
- Soil type: Light soil is most preferable for sowing but Desi Chilli Seeds can be sown into light sandy soil to clay soil. While sowing use the mixture of cocopeat, and organic fertilizer with soil. It increases the nutrients of the soil.
- Temperature: Desi Chilli Seeds are a hard seed that needs sunny weather and a temperature near around 25-30°C.
- Germination time: After sowing it requires 2 weeks to sprout.
- Season: All the season is good for sowing Desi Chilli Seeds but summer is the best season to grow it.
- Watering: While germinating you have to water it regularly but do not overwater. water should not stand on the seedling tray.
Note: Keep the seedling tray shaded till the seeds germinate.
Uses of potting mix
- To grow Desi Chilli Seeds must be used with a good amount of organic fertilizers and compost.
- While potting soil should be mixed with coco-peat which increases the growth of plants.
- It also makes the root strong.
How to water
- Remember water is most needed in the root zone so at the first water to the roots.
- You should water the leaves also to the growing plant as it increases the rate of photosynthesis.
- Do not overwater. water only the plant whenever needed especially in the rainy season we do not need to give the water regularly.
- You should water twice in the morning and in the afternoon but in the rainy season, you should notice that water does not stand in the pot or place where your Desi Chilli plant grows.
- Use a water spray bottle to give water to the plant.
Planting and care
- Desi Chilli Seeds will grow within 10-15 days.
- After that keep the tray near the window where the wind can pass. Do not keep in under direct sunlight.
- After two weeks you should keep the plant to the direct sunlight for proper growth of the leaves.
- Within 22 to 30 days of the seed sowing, your seedlings will be ready enough for re-potting or raised beds.
- You should be mixed fertilizer in a proper way as garden soil, coco-peat, and vermicompost in the ratio of 1:1:1.
- Desi Chilli Seeds can be harvested 70 to 80 days from the sowing of seeds.
- Avoid disturbing the soil around the plants.
- Keep the soil moist but not over-watered.
- Check for pests and diseases and apply organic solutions.
- If you take proper care of these Desi Chilli Seeds it will continue to produce vegetables for 3 years.
- It is mainly an outdoor plant but if you want to grow it indoors then you need to take it to a place where the plant gets direct sunlight.
- You should sow Desi Chilli Seeds 1/4 to 1/2 inch deep and the gap between two seeds near about 4 to 5 inches apart.
- 12 hours of light is needed to grow that’s for so use grow light or fluorescent light.
- It can be attacked by Aphids, Cutworms, Spider mites, Colorado potato bugs, Flea beetles, and Tomato hornworms.
- For that, you can use Organic insecticides – Neem oil and inorganic insecticides – Pele and Actara.
- Also, you can use shampoo or liquid soap mixed with water and spray the leaves.
- Desi Chilli Seeds take 60 to 70 days to harvest if you take care of plants.
- Use neem oil in case of any diseases and while potting use a good amount of organic fertilizer like cocopeat.
- When the fruit is bright, it contains a good colour then you can understand that the plants are totally harvested.
- we can pluck Desi Chilli directly from the plants but you should pluck gently.
- you can pluck Desi Chilli with any other gardening tools, it will re-grow again.
- It can vary the harvesting time depends on the quality of the seeds.
- It should include in your daily diet.
- It is best for fibre and potassium requirements.
- It is full of vitamin A and Vitamin C which can protect our cells from damage.
- Contains Vitamin K, Potassium, Folate, and Manganese
- one cup of raw Desi Chilli Seeds has only about 20 calories!
- It is full of polyphenols.
- It can reduce blood sugar levels.
- Desi Chilli Seeds also contain a lot of antioxidants.
- You can take 25 calories per 100 grams in your diet.
NOTE: It should be avoided by people who are suffering from arthritis issues.
- Both over and under watering can kill your plants: For overwatering roots can be rotten and forgiving less water, the plant can dry.
- Desi Chilli plants bloom but do not produce vegetables: It is caused by two problems first is under watering and the second one is lack of pollination.
- Leaves of Desi Chilli Plants turn Yellow: These problems can arise cause of lack of watering and the second one is lack of nitrogen in the soil.
|Dimensions||12.5 × 10 × 0.2 cm|