Premium Quality Gaillardia Double Mixed Seeds
- Can be grown in Indian climate/weather conditions.
- Germination rate minimum -70% to 90%.
- Best in class germination, Fresh Seeds.
- Please use anti-fungal powder before planting seeds.
- Please keep seeds in an air-tight container when not in use.
- Keep a safe distance from children.
- Common Name: Blanket Flower, Firewheel, Indian blanket(
गिलार्डिया),Gā’ilārḍiẏā ḍābala(গাইলার্ডিয়া ডাবল),Gaillardia Double (गिलार्डिया डबल),Keyilārṭiyā iraṭṭai(கெயிலார்டியா இரட்டை)
- Color: Mixed Color
- Botanical Name: Gaillardia pulchella
- Family: Asteraceae (Sunflower family)
- Synonyms: Kochia scoparia
- Blooming Time: Summer
- Sunlight: Full Bright
- Difficulty Level: Easy to grow
- Germinate Temperature: 20-50 ° C.
- Germinate Time: 7-14 days
How to plant and grow Gaillardia Double Mixed Seeds?
- Soak: Gaillardia Double Mixed Seeds have to soak overnight for increasing the germination rate.
- Germination place: You can use a tray for sowing those seeds. At the beginning of germination. But after the reaches 2-3 inches long, it is better to put it in big pots. You can sow those seeds directly in the pot as it is the best way to cultivate them.
- Soil type: Light soil is most preferable for sowing but Gaillardia Double Mixed Seeds can be sown into loamy soil to sandy soil. While sowing use the mixture of cocopeat, and organic fertilizer with soil. It increases the nutrients of the soil. Avoid clay soil, it can kill your plants.
- Temperature: Gaillardia Double Mixed Seeds need sunny weather and a temperature near around 20-50 ° C.
- Germination time: After sowing it requires 2 weeks to sprout.
- Season: All the season is good for sowing Gaillardia Double Mixed Seeds but summer is the best season to grow it.
- Watering: While germinating you have to water it regularly but do not overwater. water should not stand on the seedling tray.
Note: Keep the seedling tray shaded till the seeds germinate.
Uses of potting mix
- To grow Gaillardia Double Mixed Seeds must be used with a good amount of organic fertilizers and compost.
- It should contain a rich amount of organic fertilizers.
- While potting soil should be mixed with coco-peat which increases the growth of plants.
- It also makes the root strong.
How to water
- Remember water is most needed in the root zone so at the first water to the roots.
- You should water the leaves also to the growing plant as it increases the rate of photosynthesis.
- Do not overwater. water only the plant whenever needed especially in the rainy season we do not need to give the water regularly.
- You should water twice in the morning and in the afternoon but in the rainy season, you should notice that water does not stand in the pot or place where your Gaillardia plant grows.
- Use a water spray bottle to give water to the plant.
Planting and care
- Gaillardia Double Mixed Seeds will grow within 15-20 days.
- After that keep the tray near the window where the wind can pass. Do not keep in under direct sunlight.
- The best season is to grow those seeds in summer, but if it is too hot then keep them where they get afternoon shade.
- After two weeks you should keep the plant the direct sunlight for proper growth of the leaves.
- Within 15 to 25 days of the seed sowing, your seedlings will be ready enough for re-potting or raised beds.
- You should be mixed fertilizer in a proper way as garden soil, coco-peat, and vermicompost in the ratio of 1:1:1.
- Gaillardia Double Mixed Seeds can be harvested 8 to 10 weeks from the sowing of seeds.
- Avoid disturbing the soil around the plants.
- Keep the soil moist but not over-watered. The soil must be well-draining.
- You must take care of a good amount of air blown in the soil and in the growing bed.
- Check for pests and diseases and apply organic solutions.
- If you take proper care of these Gaillardia Double Mixed Seeds they will continue to produce flowers for long days.
- It loves sunlight and keeps them where it can get a good amount of sunlight.
- It is mainly an outdoor plant but if you want to grow it indoors then you need to take it to a place where the plant gets direct sunlight.
- You should sow Gaillardia Double Mixed Seeds 1/4 to 1/2 inch deep and the gap between two seeds near about 4 to 5 inches apart.
- 12 hours of light is needed to grow that’s for so use grow light or fluorescent light.
- It can be attacked by Septoria leaf spot, Bacterial leaf spot, Viruses, Powdery mildew,
- For that, you can use Organic insecticides – Neem oil and inorganic insecticides – Pele and Actara.
- Also, you can use shampoo or liquid soap mixed with water and spray the leaves.
- Gaillardia Double Mixed Seeds take 60 to 70 days to harvest if you take care of plants.
- Use neem oil in case of any diseases and while potting use a good amount of organic fertilizer like cocopeat.
- When the fruit is bright, it contains a good color then you can understand that the plants are totally harvested.
- You can pluck Gaillardia directly from the plants but you should pluck gently.
- you can pluck Gaillardia with any other gardening tools, it will re-grow again.
- It can vary the harvesting time depends on the quality of the seeds.
- It is used as an edible.
- It prevents cholesterol levels if you take it internally.
- It is mostly used as an astringent for the face.
- It is also used as a tonic for the liver if you take it internally.
- Both over and under watering can kill your plants: For overwatering roots can be rotten and with less watering, the plant can dry.
- Gaillardia plants do not bloom: It is caused by two problems first is under watering and the second one is lack of pollination.
- Leaves of Gaillardia Plants turn Yellow: These problems can arise cause of lack of watering and the second one is lack of nitrogen in the soil.