Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Hollyhock Mixed Seeds
✪ Store Offer: Get 10% OFF on first order. (Code: NEW10)
✪ Store Offer: Free shipping on orders above ₹499
✪ Store Offer: Unlock additional 5% cashback on orders above ₹999
✪ Coins: Buy and earn 35 GC Coin
Premium Quality Hollyhock Mixed Seeds
- Can be grown in Indian climate/weather conditions.
- Germination rate minimum -70% to 90%.
- Best in class germination, Fresh Seeds.
- Please use anti-fungal powder before planting seeds.
- Please keep seeds in an air-tight container when not in use.
- Keep a safe distance from children.
- Common Name: Hollyhock, holeehok ke beej(होलीहॉक के बीज), Halihaka bīja(হলিহক বীজ), Hōlihāk vitaikaḷ(ஹோலிஹாக் விதைகள்)
- Color: Mixed Color
- Botanical Name: Alcea Rosea
- Family: Malvaceae (Mallow family)
- Synonyms: Althaea Chinensis, Althaea Rosea, Althaea Cretica
- Blooming Time: Summer, Autumn
- Sunlight: Full Bright
- Difficulty Level: Easy to grow
- Germinate Temperature: 32-35°C
- Germinate Time: 7-10 Days
How to plant and grow Hollyhock Mixed Seeds?
- Soak: Hollyhock Mixed Seeds have to soak overnight for increasing the germination rate.
- Germination place: You can use a tray for sowing those seeds. At the beginning of germination. But after the reaches 2-3 inches long, it is better to put it in big pots. You can sow those seeds directly in the pot as it is the best way to cultivate them.
- Soil type: Light soil is most preferable for sowing but Hollyhock Mixed Seeds can be sown into loamy soil to sandy soil. While sowing use the mixture of cocopeat, organic fertilizer with soil. It increases the nutrients of the soil.
- Temperature: Hollyhock Mixed Seeds need sunny weather and the temperature near around 32°-35°C.
- Germination time: After sowing it requires 2 weeks to sprout.
- Season: All the season is good for sowing Hollyhock Mixed Seeds but summer and winter is the best season to grow it.
- Watering: While germinating you have to water it regularly but do not overwater. water should not stand on the seedling tray.
Note: Keep the seedling tray shaded till the seeds germinate.
Uses of potting mix
- To grow Hollyhock Mixed Seeds must be used with a good amount of organic fertilizers and compost.
- It should contain a rich amount of organic fertilizers.
- While potting soil should be mixed with coco-peat which increases the growth of plants.
- It also makes the root strong.
How to water
- Remember water is most needed to the root zone so at the first water to the roots.
- You should water the leaves also to the growing plant as it increases the rate of photosynthesis.
- Do not overwater. water only the plant whenever needed especially in the rainy season we do not need to give the water regularly.
- You should water twice as in the morning and in the afternoon but in the rainy season, you should notice that water does not stand in the pot or place where your Hollyhock plant grows.
- Use a water spray bottle to give water to the plant.
Planting and care
- Hollyhock Mixed Seeds will grow within 15-20 days.
- After that keep the tray near the window where the wind can pass. Do not keep in under direct sunlight.
- The best season is to grow those seeds in summer, but if it is too hot then keep them where they get afternoon shade.
- After two weeks you should keep the plant to the direct sunlight for proper growth of the leaves.
- Within 15 to 25 days of the seed sowing, your seedlings will be ready enough to re-potting or raised beds.
- You should be mixed fertilizer in a proper way as garden soil, coco-peat, and vermicompost in the ratio of 1:1:1.
- Hollyhock Mixed Seeds can be harvested 8 to 10 weeks from the sowing of seeds.
- Avoid disturbing the soil around the plants.
- Keep the soil moist but not over-watered. The soil must be well-draining.
- You must take care of a good amount of air blown in the soil and in the growing bed.
- Check for pests and diseases and apply organic solutions.
- If you take proper care of these Hollyhock Mixed Seeds it will continue to produce flowers for long days.
- It loves sunlight as keeps them where it can get a good amount of sunlight.
- It is mainly an outdoor plant but if you want to grow it indoors then you need to take it to such a place where the plant gets direct sunlight.
- You should sow Hollyhock Mixed Seeds 1/4 to 1/2 inch deep and the gap between two seeds near about 4 to 5 inches apart.
- 12 hours of light is needed to grow that’s for so use grow light or fluorescent light.
- It can be attacked by Caterpillars, Mealybugs, Powdery mildew, and Bacterial wilt.
- For that, you can use Organic insecticides – Neem oil and inorganic insecticides – Pele and Actara.
- Also, you can use shampoo or liquid soap mixed with water and spray to the leaves.
- Hollyhock Mixed Seeds take 60 to 70 days to harvest if you take care of plants.
- Use neem oil in case of any diseases and while potting use a good amount of organic fertilizer like cocopeat.
- When the fruit is bright, it contains a good color then you can understand that the plants are totally harvested.
- You can pluck Hollyhock directly from the plants but you should pluck gently.
- you can pluck Hollyhock with any other gardening tools, it will re-grow again.
- It can vary the harvesting time depends on the quality of the seeds.
- It is used as an edible.
- It prevents cholesterol levels if you take it internally.
- It is mostly used as an astringent for the face.
- It is also used as a tonic for the liver if you take it internally.
- Both over and under watering can kill your plants: For overwatering root can be rotten and for less watering, the plant can dry.
- Hollyhock plants do not bloom: It is caused by two problems first is under watering and the second one is lack of pollination.
- Leaves of Hollyhock Plants turn Yellow: These problems can arise cause of lack of watering and the second one is lack of nitrogen in the soil.
|Dimensions||12.5 × 10 × 0.2 cm|