Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Long Bottle Gourd Seeds
✪ Store Offer: Get 10% OFF on first order. (Code: NEW10)
✪ Store Offer: Free shipping on orders above ₹499
✪ Store Offer: Unlock additional 5% cashback on orders above ₹999
✪ Coins: Buy and earn 35 GC Coin
Premium Quality Long Bottle Gourd Seeds
- Can be grown in Indian climate/weather conditions.
- Germination rate minimum -70% to 90%.
- Best in class germination, Fresh Seeds.
- Please use anti-fungal powder before planting seeds.
- Please keep seeds in an air-tight container when not in use.
- Keep a safe distance from children.
- Common Name: Long Bottle Gourd Seeds,লাউ, பாட்டில் சுண்டைக்காய் விதைகள்
- Color: Green
- Botanical Name: Lagenaria siceraria.
- Family: Cucurbitaceae
- Synonyms: Long Bottle Gourd Seeds, white-flowered gourd, long melon, birdhouse gourd, New Guinea bean
- Blooming Time: Year-round
- Sunlight: Full Bright
- Difficulty Level: Easy to grow
- Germinate Temperature: 25-30°C
- Germinate Time: 10-15Days
How to plant and grow Long Bottle Gourd Seeds?
- Soak: Long Bottle Gourd Seeds have to soak overnight for increasing the germination rate.
- Germination place: You can use a tray for sowing those seeds. At the beginning of germination. But after they reach 2-3 inches long, Long Bottle Gourd Seeds are better to put in big pots.
- Soil type: Light soil is most preferable for sowing but Bottle Gourd Seeds can be sown into light sandy soil to clay soil. While sowing use the mixture of cocopeat, and organic fertilizer with soil. It increases the nutrients of the soil.
- Temperature: Bottle Gourd Seeds are the hard seed that needs sunny weather and a temperature near around 25-30°C.
- Germination time: After sowing Long Bottle Gourd Seeds requires 2 weeks to sprout.
- Season: All the season is good for sowing Bottle Gourd Seeds but summer is the best season to grow it.
- Watering: While germinating you have to water it regularly but do not overwater. water should not stand on the seedling tray.
Note: Keep the seedling tray shaded till the seeds germinate.
Uses of potting mix
- To grow Bottle Gourd Seeds must be used with a good amount of organic fertilizers and compost.
- While potting soil should be mixed with coco-peat which increases the growth of plants.
- It also makes the root strong.
How to water
- Remember water is most needed in the root zone so at the first water to the roots.
- You should water the leaves also to the growing plant as it increases the rate of photosynthesis.
- Do not overwater. water only the plant whenever needed especially in the rainy season we do not need to give the water regularly.
- You should water twice in the morning and in the afternoon but in the rainy season, you should notice that water does not stand in the pot or place where your Long Bottle Gourd plant grows.
- Use a water spray bottle to give water to the plant.
Planting and care
- Bottle Gourd Seeds will grow within 10-15 days.
- After that keep the tray near the window where the wind can pass. Do not keep in under direct sunlight.
- After two weeks you should keep the plant the direct sunlight for proper growth of the leaves.
- Within 22 to 30 days of the seed sowing, your seedlings will be ready enough for re-potting or raised beds.
- You should be mixed fertilizer in a proper way as garden soil, coco-peat, and vermicompost in the ratio of 1:1:1.
- Bottle Gourd Seeds can be harvested 70 to 80 days from the sowing of seeds.
- Avoid disturbing the soil around the plants.
- Keep the soil moist but not over-watered.
- Check for pests and diseases and apply organic solutions.
- If you take proper care of these Bottle Gourd Seeds they will continue to produce vegetables for 3 years.
- Long Bottle Gourd is mainly an outdoor plant but if you want to grow it indoors then you need to take it to a place where the plant gets direct sunlight.
- You should sow Bottle Gourd Seeds Seeds 1/4 to 1/2 inch deep and the gap between two seeds near about 4 to 5 inches apart.
- 12 hours of light is needed to grow that’s for so use grow light or fluorescent light.
- It can be attacked by Aphids, Cutworms, Spider mites, Colorado potato bugs, Flea beetles, and Tomato hornworms.
- For that, you can use Organic insecticides – Neem oil and inorganic insecticides – Pele and Actara.
- Also, you can use shampoo or liquid soap mixed with water and spray the leaves.
- Bottle Gourd Seeds take 100 to 140 days to harvest if you take care of plants.
- Use neem oil in case of any diseases and while potting use a good amount of organic fertilizer like cocopeat.
- When the fruit is bright, Long Bottle Gourd Seeds contains a good color then you can understand that the plants are totally harvested.
- we can pluck Long Bottle Gourd directly from the plants but you should pluck gently.
- you can pluck Long Bottle Gourd with any other gardening tools, it will re-grow again.
- It can vary the harvesting time depends on the quality of the seeds.
Long Bottle Gourd Seeds Benefits / Nutritional Value
- Long Bottle Gourd should include in your daily diet.
- Long Bottle Gourd Seeds also contain essential vitamins and minerals like Vitamin C Vitamin B, Vitamin K, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Iron, Folate, Potassium, and Manganese.
- Long Bottle Gourd can manage your weight.
- Decreases pressure. Eating this can help in decreasing pressure.
- Advantages of the heart.
- Helps in weight reduction.
- Helps in treating dozing messes.
- Forestalls untimely turning gray of hair. …
- Helps in processing.
- Advantages of the skin.
- Both over and under watering can kill your plants: For overwatering roots can be rotten and by giving less water, the plant can dry.
- Long Bottle Gourd plants bloom but do not produce vegetables: It is caused by two problems first is under watering and the second one is lack of pollination.
- Leaves of Long Bottle Gourd Plants turn Yellow: These problems can arise cause of lack of watering and the second one is lack of nitrogen in the soil.
|Dimensions||12.5 × 10 × 0.2 cm|