Premium Quality Okra Seeds / Lady Finger Seeds
This gooey green vegetable is similarly cherished and detested for its taste and surface, yet it is plentiful in fiber and different supplements like nutrients A, B, and C with different minerals. Peruse on to discover more.
|✪ Used For – Sowing Purpose||✪ Dispatch in 5-7 days|
|✪ Over 499 Free Delivery||✪ Country of origin: India|
Premium Quality Okra Seeds / Lady Finger Seeds
|✪ Seeds Per Packet||: 80-100|
|✪ Quality||: Best in class germination, Fresh Seeds|
|✪ Common Names||: Okra Seeds / Lady Finger,ওকরা,ओकरा,भिन्डी के बीज, ঢেঁড়স বীজ,ஓக்ரா|
|✪ Botanical name||: Abelmoschus esculentus|
|✪ Family||: Malvaceae|
|✪ Synonyms||: Okra, Gumbo, Ladyfinger, Bhindi, Hibiscus esculentus|
|✪ Blooming Time||: Year-round|
|✪ Difficulty Level||: Easy to grow|
|✪ Temperature||: 18-29°C|
|✪ Germinate Time||: 8-15 Days|
|✪ Climate Conditions||: Can be grown in Indian climate/weather conditions|
|✪ Germination rate||: 70% to 90%|
|✪ Precautions||: Please use anti-fungal powder before planting seeds|
|✪ Keep in mind||: keep seeds in an air-tight container when not in use|
|✪ Parental Controls||: Keep a safe distance from children|
How to plant and grow Okra Seeds / Lady Finger?
Germination process of Okra Seeds / Lady Finger
- Soak: Okra seeds/ Lady Finger has to soak overnight for increasing the germination rate.
- Germination place: You can use a tray for sowing those seeds. At the beginning of germination. But after they reach 2-3 inches long, Okra Seeds / Lady Finger Seeds are better put in big pots.
- Soil type: Light soil is most preferable for sowing but it can be sown into light sandy soil to clay soil. While sowing use the mixture of cocopeat, organic fertilizer with soil. Lady Finger increases the nutrients of the soil.
- Temperature: Lady Finger is a hard seed for that it needs sunny weather and the temperature near around 15-25°C.
- Germination time: After sowing Okra Seeds / Lady Finger requires 2 weeks to sprout.
- Season: All the season is good for sowing Okra Seeds / Lady Finger.
- Watering: While germinating you have to water it regularly but do not overwater. water should not stand on the seedling tray.
Note: Keep the seedling tray shaded till the seeds germinate.
Uses of potting mix
- To grow Lady Finger must be used with a good amount of organic fertilizers and compost.
- While potting soil should be mixed with coco-peat which increases the growth of plants.
- Lady Finger also makes the root strong.
How to water
- Remember water is most needed to the root zone so at the first water to the roots.
- You should water the leaves also to the growing plant as it increases the rate of photosynthesis.
- Do not overwater. water only the plant whenever needed especially in the rainy season we do not need to give the water regularly.
- You should water twice as in the morning and in the afternoon but in the rainy season, you should notice that water does not stand in the pot or place where your Okra / Lady Finger plant grows.
- Use a water spray bottle to give water to the plant.
Planting and care
- Okra Seeds / Lady Finger will grow within 7-10 days.
- After that keep the tray near the window where the wind can pass. Do not keep in under direct sunlight.
- After two weeks you should keep the plant to the direct sunlight for proper growth of the leaves.
- Within 22 to 30 days of the seed sowing, your seedlings will be ready enough to re-potting or raised beds.
- You should be mixed fertilizer in a proper way as garden soil, coco-peat, and vermicompost in the ratio of 1:1:1.
- Okra Seeds / Lady Finger can be harvested 70 to 80 days from the sowing of seeds.
- Avoid disturbing the soil around the plants.
- Keep the soil moist but not over-watered.
- Check for pests and diseases and apply organic solutions.
- If you take proper care of these Okra / Lady Finger Plants you will continue to produce vegetables for 3 years.
- It is mainly an outdoor plant but if you want to grow it indoors then you need to take it such a place where the plant gets direct sunlight.
- You should sow Okra / Lady Finger Seeds 1/4 to 1/2 inch deep and the gap between two seeds near about 4 to 5 inches apart.
- 12 hours of light is needed to grow that’s for so use grow light or fluorescent light.
- It can be attacked by Aphids, Cutworms, Spider mites, Colorado potato bugs, Flea beetles, and Tomato hornworms.
- For that, you can use Organic insecticides – Neem oil and inorganic insecticides – Pele and Actara.
- Also, you can use shampoo or liquid soap mixed with water and spray to the leaves.
- Okra Seeds / Lady Finger take 60 to 70 days to harvest if you take care of plants.
- Use neem oil in case of any diseases and while potting use a good amount of organic fertilizer like cocopeat.
- When the fruit is bright, Okra Seeds / Lady Finger contains a good color then you can understand that the plants are totally harvested.
- we can pluck Okra / Lady Finger directly from the plants but you should pluck gently.
- you can pluck Lady Finger with any other gardening tools, it will re-grow again.
- It can vary the harvesting time depends on the quality of the seeds.
Okra / Lady Finger Benefits / Nutritional Value
- The Okra / Lady Finger should include in your daily diet.
- Okra / Lady Finger Protein,,Fat, Fiber,Magnesium,Folate,Vitamin A,Vitamin C,Vitamin K,Vitamin B6
- Okra / Lady Finger Contains beneficial antioxidants
- It can lower heart disease risk.
- It boosts your immune system.
- It has anti-cancer properties.
- It can lower blood sugar.
- It is beneficial for pregnant women.
- Best for diabetic people.
- Vitamin K is present in Okra. Food containing a good amount of vitamin K helps in strengthening bones.
- Both over and under watering can kill your plants: For overwatering root can be rotten and by giving less water, the plant can dry.
- Lady Finger plants blooming but do not produce vegetables: It is caused by two problems first is under watering and the second one is lack of pollination.
- Leaves of Lady Finger Plants turn Yellow: These problems can arise cause of lack of watering and the second one is lack of nitrogen in the soil.
|Dimensions||12.5 × 10 × 0.2 cm|
There are no reviews yet.