Premium Quality Sponge Gourd Seeds (Nenua)
- Quantity – 1 packet
- Used For – Gardening
- Over 499 Free Delivery
- Dispatch in 5-7 days
- Country of origin: India
Only 2 left in stock
Premium Quality Sponge Gourd Seeds
- Easy to Grow – Can be grown in Indian climate/weather conditions.
- Germination rate minimum -70% to 90%.
- Best in class germination, Fresh Seeds.
- Please use anti-fungal powder before planting seeds.
- Please keep seeds in an air-tight container when not in use.
- Keep a safe distance from children.
|Seeds Per Packet||20-25|
Sponge Gourd, Nenua, Spanj Laukee(स्पंज लौकी), Spañja lā’u(স্পঞ্জ লাউ), Kaṭaṟpāci(கடற்பாசி).
|Botanical name||Luffa aegyptiaca|
|Blooming Time||Year round|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
|Germinate Time||7-10 Days|
How to plant and grow Sponge Gourd (nenua)?
Germination process of Sponge Gourd Seeds
- Soak: Sponge gourd Seeds have to soak overnight for increasing the germination rate.
- Germination place: You can use a tray for sowing those seeds. At the beginning of germination. But after the reaches 2-3 inches long, it is better to put it in big pots.
- Soil type: Light soil is most preferable for sowing but sponge gourd seeds can be sown into clay soil. While sowing use the mixture of cocopeat, organic fertilizer with soil. It increases the nutrients of the soil.
- Temperature: Sponge gourd seeds is a hard seed for that it needs sunny weather and a temperature near around 20°C.
- Germination time: After sowing it requires 7-10 days to sprout.
- Season: All the season is good for sowing sponge gourd seeds but summer is the best season to grow it.
- Indoor/good sunlight: Sponge gourd requires good sunlight, so better to grow outdoor. But if you want to grow indoors, try to keep it in a good sunlight area.
- Watering: While germinating you have to water it regularly but do not overwater. water should not stand on the seedling tray.
Note: Keep the seedling tray shaded till the seeds germinate.
Uses of potting mix
- To grow sponge gourd seeds must be used with a good amount of organic fertilizers and compost.
- While potting soil should be mixed with coco-peat which increases the growth of plants.
- It also makes the root strong.
- Mix organic manure to the soil in the ratio of 2:1.
How to water
- Remember water is most needed to the root zone so at the first water to the roots.
- You should water the leaves also to the growing plant as it increases the rate of photosynthesis.
- Do not overwater. water only the plant whenever needed especially in the rainy season we do not need to give the water regularly.
- You should water twice as in the morning and in the afternoon but in the rainy season, you should notice that water does not stand in the pot or place where your sponge gourd plant grows.
- Use a water spray bottle to give water to the plant.
Planting and care
- Sponge gourd Seeds will grow within 7-10 days.
- After that keep the tray near the window where the wind can pass. Do not keep in under direct sunlight.
- After two weeks you should keep the plant to the direct sunlight for proper growth of the leaves.
- Within 22 to 30 days of the seed sowing, your seedlings will be ready enough to re-potting or raised beds.
- You should be mixed fertilizer in a proper way as garden soil, coco-peat, and vermicompost in the ratio of 1:1:1.
- Sponge gourd Seeds can be harvested 80 to 100 days from the sowing of seeds.
- Avoid disturbing the soil around the plants.
- Keep the soil moist but not over-watered.
- Check for pests and diseases and apply organic solutions.
- If you take proper care of these sponge gourd Seeds it will continue to produce vegetables for 3 years.
- It is mainly an outdoor plant but if you want to grow it indoors then you need to take it such a place where the plant gets direct sunlight.
- You should sow Sponge gourd seeds 1/4 to 1/2 inch deep and the gap between two seeds near about 5 to 6 inches apart.
- 12 hours of light is needed to grow that’s for so use grow light or fluorescent light.
- It can be attacked by Aphids, Cutworms, Spider mites, Colorado potato bugs, Flea beetles, and Tomato hornworms.
- For that, you can use Organic insecticides – Neem oil and inorganic insecticides – Pele and Actara.
- Also, you can use shampoo or liquid soap mixed with water and spray to the leaves.
- Sponge gourd seeds take 80 to 100 days to harvest if you take care of plants.
- Use neem oil in case of any diseases and while potting use a good amount of organic fertilizer like cocopeat.
- When the fruit is bright, it contains a good color then you can understand that the plants are totally harvested.
- we can pluck Sponge gourd directly from the plants but you should pluck gently.
- you can pluck Sponge gourd with any other gardening tools, it will re-grow again.
- It can vary the harvesting time depends on the quality of seeds.
- It has low calories, so it is good for those who want to lose weight.
- It contains fibers.
- It also detoxifies the kidney.
- It is antifungal in nature.
- It should include in your daily diet.
- It is full of vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, and vitamin E, which can protect our cells from damage.
- Both over and under watering can kill your plants: For overwatering root can be rotten and for giving less water, the plant can dry.
- Sponge gourd plants blooming but not produce vegetables: It is caused by two problems first is under watering and the second one is lack of pollination.
- Leaves of sponge gourd plants turn yellow: These problems can arise cause of lack of watering and the second one is lack of nitrogen in the soil.
|Dimensions||5 × 5 × 1 cm|
There are no reviews yet.