Premium Quality Round Bottle Gourd Seeds
Bottle gourd, Lagenaria siceraria, is a variety of tropical and subtropical plants in the Cucurbitaceae family. It is additionally called Calabash Gourd, Trumpet Gourd, and Long Squash. The youthful product of these species are burned-through as vegetables. It is pear molded with light green shading. The youthful organic product has white elastic tissue. The Bottle gourd might develop as 1 meter long. Local to Tropical Africa, it is generally developed for the food varieties. The jug gourd requires a warm environment and all-around depleted soil to develop.
|✪ Used For – Sowing Purpose||✪ Dispatch in 5-7 days|
|✪ Over 499 Free Delivery||✪ Country of origin: India|
Premium Quality Round Bottle Gourd Seeds
|✪ Seeds Per Packet||: 40-50|
|✪ Quality||: Best in class germination, Fresh Seeds|
|✪ Common Names||: Round Bottle Gourd Seeds, লাউ,பாட்டில் சுண்டைக்காய் விதைகள்|
|✪ Botanical name||: Lagenaria siceraria.|
|✪ Family||: Cucurbitaceae|
|✪ Synonyms||: Calabash (Lagenaria siceraria), also known as bottle gourd, white-flowered gourd,long melon, birdhouse gourd, New Guinea bean and Tasmania bean|
|✪ Blooming Time||: Year-round|
|✪ Difficulty Level||: Easy to grow|
|✪ Temperature||: 25-30°C|
|✪ Germinate Time||: 10-15Days|
|✪ Climate Conditions||: Can be grown in Indian climate/weather conditions|
|✪ Germination rate||: 70% to 90%|
|✪ Precautions||: Please use anti-fungal powder before planting seeds|
|✪ Keep in mind||: keep seeds in an air-tight container when not in use|
|✪ Parental Controls||: Keep a safe distance from children|
How to plant and grow Bottle Gourd Seeds?
Germination process of Bottle Gourd Seeds
- Soak: Bottle Gourd Seeds have to soak overnight for increasing the germination rate.
- Germination place: You can use a tray for sowing those seeds. At the beginning of germination. But after the reaches 2-3 inches long, it is better to put it in big pots.
- Soil type: Light soil is most preferable for sowing but Bottle Gourd Seeds can be sown into light sandy soil to clay soil. While sowing use the mixture of cocopeat, organic fertilizer with soil. It increases the nutrients of the soil.
- Temperature: Bottle Gourd Seeds are a hard seed for that it needs sunny weather and the temperature near around 25-30°C.
- Germination time: After sowing Round Bottle Gourd Seeds requires 2 weeks to sprout.
- Season: All the season is good for sowing Bottle Gourd Seeds but summer is the best season to grow it.
- Watering: While germinating you have to water it regularly but do not overwater. water should not stand on the seedling tray.
Note: Keep the seedling tray shaded till the seeds germinate.
Uses of potting mix
- To grow Bottle Gourd Seeds must be used with a good amount of organic fertilizers and compost.
- While potting soil should be mixed with coco-peat which increases the growth of plants.
- It also makes the root strong.
How to water
- Remember water is most needed to the root zone so at the first water to the roots.
- You should water the leaves also to the growing plant as it increases the rate of photosynthesis.
- Do not overwater. water only the plant whenever needed especially in the rainy season we do not need to give the water regularly.
- You should water twice as in the morning and in the afternoon but in the rainy season, you should notice that water does not stand in the pot or place where your Round Bottle Gourd plant grows.
- Use a water spray bottle to give water to the plant.
Planting and care
- Bottle Gourd Seeds will grow within 10-15 days.
- After that keep the tray near the window where the wind can pass. Do not keep in under direct sunlight.
- After two weeks you should keep the plant to the direct sunlight for proper growth of the leaves.
- Within 22 to 30 days of the seed sowing, your seedlings will be ready enough to re-potting or raised beds.
- You should be mixed fertilizer in a proper way as garden soil, coco-peat, and vermicompost in the ratio of 1:1:1.
- Bottle Gourd Seeds can be harvested 70 to 80 days from the sowing of seeds.
- Avoid disturbing the soil around the plants.
- Keep the soil moist but not over-watered.
- Check for pests and diseases and apply organic solutions.
- If you take proper care of these Bottle Gourd Seeds it will continue to produce vegetables for 3 years.
- Round Bottle Gourd is mainly an outdoor plant but if you want to grow it indoors then you need to take it such a place where the plant gets direct sunlight.
- You should sow Bottle Gourd Seeds Seeds 1/4 to 1/2 inch deep and the gap between two seeds near about 4 to 5 inches apart.
- 12 hours of light is needed to grow that’s for so use grow light or fluorescent light.
- It can be attacked by Aphids, Cutworms, Spider mites, Colorado potato bugs, Flea beetles, and Tomato hornworms.
- For that, you can use Organic insecticides – Neem oil and inorganic insecticides – Pele and Actara.
- Also, you can use shampoo or liquid soap mixed with water and spray to the leaves.
- Bottle Gourd Seeds take 100 to 140 days to harvest if you take care of plants.
- Use neem oil in case of any diseases and while potting use a good amount of organic fertilizer like cocopeat.
- When the fruit is bright, it contains a good color then you can understand that the plants are totally harvested.
- we can pluck Round Bottle Gourd directly from the plants but you should pluck gently.
- you can pluck Round Bottle Gourd with any other gardening tools, it will re-grow again.
- It can vary the harvesting time depends on the quality of the seeds.
Round Bottle Gourd Seeds Benefits / Nutritional Value
- Round Bottle Gourd should include in your daily diet.
- It also contains essential vitamins and minerals like Vitamin C Vitamin B, Vitamin K, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Iron, Folate, Potassium, and Manganese.
- Round Bottle Gourd can manage your weight.
- Decreases pressure. Eating this can help in decreasing pressure.
- Advantages of the heart.
- Helps in weight reduction.
- Helps in treating dozing messes.
- Forestalls untimely turning gray of hair. …
- Helps in processing.
- Advantages of the skin.
- Both over and under watering can kill your plants: For overwatering root can be rotten and by giving less water, the plant can dry.
- Round Bottle Gourd plants blooming but do not produce vegetables: It is caused by two problems first is under watering and the second one is lack of pollination.
- Leaves of Round Bottle Gourd Plants turn Yellow: These problems can arise cause of lack of watering and the second one is lack of nitrogen in the soil.
|Dimensions||12.5 × 10 × 0.2 cm|
There are no reviews yet.